Sunday 15 February 2009

Tweets for Today

  • 08:43 @seatrout Depends what kind of nice you are thinking of.... #
  • 08:58 @seatrout Seems to be quite old and nothing stand out in the colour handling.... #
  • 09:01 @seatrout Yes but for example... is.gd/jA3J #
  • 09:03 @seatrout And I have a bunch of LCDs here which swivel but I don't do it cos I get put out by the way the displays refresh #
  • 09:07 @seatrout Ah, just the one monitor? I run multiple so when one is swivelled its noticable... #
  • 09:34 @seatrout Well, you could get one of these - www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001L1R9LK/ #
  • 09:43 @seatrout Well, I think it's a combination of the subpixel arrangement and electronics, but I am overly sensitive to it I suspect. #
  • 10:01 @glynmoody It's a "Visible Source" licence. I can think of at least one UK company which has a product under one #
  • 10:06 @glynmoody AFAICT it's a fairly standard licence with a grant of rights to see and modify the source and limitations on the support of mods. #
  • 10:06 @glynmoody That is it say it's a style of proprietary licence, like an escrow clause on steroids. #
  • 10:08 @glynmoody And as one of the commenters points out, it's the kind of licence Java was under before #
  • 11:53 @seatrout So what you really want is 1600 lines vertical res.... I know too well where that leads to. :) (points at Dell 30" monitor) #
  • 14:44 @seatrout You on 3.0 or 3.0.1? is.gd/jB1r #
  • 16:26 @seatrout Ah, to be honest with a bug like "throws away autosave" I'd have downloaded it by hand myself. #
  • 17:59 @digitaldownfall Oh, rats... any reason? #
  • 18:02 @digitaldownfall Ask someone on the desks... they usually have a clue #

No comments: